Thursday, August 18, 2011

Who Bite This?

Gourmet meal tonight, frozen pizza. But in my defense, it's been a rough week and it was Paul Newman's yummy pepperoni pizza. Nom, nom, nom.

Turbo did his typical trick of sitting down with us, taking one bite and announcing, "I'll be right back," and before I could finish chewing my food to say something parental, such as, "Hey, young man, please come finish your dinner," he's already deep into dramatic play in the next room. At least he's visible from the kitchen table, so i'm kind of parenting, right?

Turbo had 1 slice of pizza on his plate, cut down the middle for 2 smaller slices. He had taken one nibble out of one and left the other untouched.

I was trying not to eat too much pizza, so I stopped at 2 pieces. But then, hmm, Turbo's slices were just sitting there... so I grabbed one and bit off the yummy point.

My husband said, "He's gonna freak out, you know."

Me: "Oh, please."

A few minutes later, Turbo decided to grace us with his preschool presence and picked up his pizza (the one I stole from; eek!) and started to take a bite and then pulled it back out of his mouth to study it.

After a short pause, he said, "Who bite this?" and then he looked suspiciously back and forth between my husband and me.

Gulp. To lie or not to lie here.

Me: "I did. I took a bite."

And then he gave me this look, while advancing on the slice for his own bite, as if to say, "I can see I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you."

Totally busted!

No comments:

Post a Comment