Friday, August 5, 2011

Cupcakes For Dinner

Cupcakes For Dinner!
Cupcakes For Dinner!

Turbo has been asking to go to "the cupcake store" all week. Dad finally gave in and, boy, is this house happy. Or, maybe it's just a sugar high.

The last time my two guys made this trek was for my birthday a couple of months ago. At that time it was raining, pouring really, with lightning and thunder. You can see how that might make an impression on a kid. Dad reports when they arrived tonight after school, Turbo asked if they were going to see thunder. Good memory, kiddo!

At daycare today, Turbo talked about the cupcake store all day long. As he was eating snacks with his pals he said, "I'm going to have cupcakes for dinner." Oh, what his teachers must think of us parents.

We got him to down some mac & cheese (in which I cleverly hid some pureed carrots. Ha! Take that, Turbo), and then we settled into the important business of choosing which cupcake we got to each.

Now, when I say 'choose' you probably know what actually went down. If you've been reading about Turbo, you know he likes to give directions, so Dad and Mom didn't get to choose anything.

We were assigned cupcakes.

Luckily, they were all delicious and Turbo ate only the frosting.. of my mint/chocolate cupcake, thankyouverymuch. But I snuck a couple of hearty bites in anyway.

After dinner, I sent the boys into the backyard to run, run, run.

My poor husband nearly got a side ache from running after so much sugar, but Turbo took to it like he was born to eat cupcakes and run.

Tomorrow we shall run some more and eat nothing but raw vegetables and lean boiled chicken, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment