Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time Check

I know exactly how long it takes me to run through a bottle of vanilla extract: 2 years.


My sister got married around 2 years ago, and brought me back this yummy bottle o' vanilla from her honeymoon in Mexico. I probably don't bake as much as I did before having kids, but my current pace appears to be 1 bottle = 2 years.

Turbo starts a new school this week, and I wanted to bake some goodies to show my affection and deep appreciation for his wonderful teachers. Turbo has been with his current teacher for an entire year, and we really lucked out. This woman is patient and dear and the perfect match for how long it took Turbo to potty train. We will miss you, Miss Aura!!

Tonight I made a double batch of fudge brownies (from Better Homes and Garden, page 124) and I had exactly 2 teaspoons left, both of which were needed and lovingly dumped into the vat of chocolate-y goo that will soon be cooled and cut into squares for Turbo's teachers and his school staff. We're changing schools now too, since Turbo is going into preschool.

He's going to be smarter than me very, very soon. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment