Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Love Songs to Children

I've come to believe that most love songs are written from a mother to her children. With a few lusty exceptions, most love songs apply. Love is love, and I have never experienced so much love as I have for my babies.

"I want to hold you 'til the fear in me subsides" - works perfectly for a mom heading back to work after enjoying maternity leave.

"You're just too good to be true; can't take my eyes off of you." - when my daughter was first born, it was nearly impossible for me to stop staring at her. Same thing with my son, but I think knowing we were only going to have 2 kids, made me stare longer and more intensely at baby #2.

"It must be is love, love, love." by Madness. Yes, with madness we love our babies.

"Whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name, there is love."

I could go on, and on, and on.


Edit: I woke up this morning realizing all my song choices were very dated. So in keeping with that theme, I will entertain you with another beauty...  with a South Park twist. :)

"Lovin' you is easy cuz you're beautiful. Do-do-do'n-do-dooo... Aaa-aa-aa-aa-aa."

No comments:

Post a Comment