Monday, August 8, 2011

Be Patient, Mom

Homemade chili for dinner tonight, with cornbread muffins. Yum! A shout out to my own mom for the outstanding recipe. You gotta love a soup recipe that calls for a little red wine.

Turbo, ever unadventurous when it comes to food (yawn), would only eat the corn muffins. He also pulled one of his in and out of the kitchen routines, where he eats a few bites, leaves to go play with toys, returns for another couple of bites. We don't usually let this go on too long, but I was happy to have an adult conversation with my husband tonight, so it was kind of helpful to have Turbo in the other room.

The third time Turbo tried to exit the dinner table, I finally said, "Hold up there, pal. Are you going to finish your dinner?"

Turbo: "Yes. I'm going to eat my muffin and my milk and my other muffin. You can eat the chili."

Me: "You need to come eat your food, or I'm going to clean it up."

Turbo: "In a moment, mom."

[pause to play with a toy]

"Be patient."


1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate it when they use your words against you? : )

    ReplyDelete