Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Special Treat

We've been giving Turbo 'special treats' - and calling them that - for every BM in the potty. There have been a few other times we've awarded him 'special treats' too, and they are usually some TV time or M&Ms. It's not too terribly often we pull these out, but often enough.

Btw, I've been trying to figure out the best way to wean Turbo off of any rewards for potty training. I think he might actually be there, but I need a plan. Any ideas?

So, last night I'm giving Turbo a bath and he announces he wants his "5 chocolates and 5 marshmallows," which usually means he needs to poo. Since it's so close to bedtime, I tell him that we can't have chocolates after bath. This is how the rest of that conversation goes.

Turbo: "But I need a special treat."

Me: "Well, I'll give you hugs and kisses as a special treat."

Turbo: "No. That's not a special treat."

Thanks a lot, kiddo. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment