Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hand Me Downs

We love hand-me-down clothes!

Kids grow out of clothes so fast, especially in the first year, and there is no way to wear out all the clothes we assembled from loving friends and family. I love it when I have someone to share Smiley's or Turbo's outgrown clothes with. There are a few moms that I pass clothes down to, but my favorite trading partner is Melanie, because we send the same clothes (and some new ones) back and forth to each other several times. You can't beat that for practicality. Thanks, Mel!

Smiley is picking out her next day's outfit. She's very selective.

This good-looking pile of threads is from a new mom friend at Smiley's daycare. Her little darling is younger than Smiley and when I mentioned we that seemed to be out of a few key pieces, she brought these adorable clothes to the daycare the very next day. This photo was taken so that I can remember which clothes need to go back to her daughter. Clever, eh?

I do have to say, though, that once Turbo hit 18 months old - wearing 24-month clothes, btw - his pace slowed considerably. Not because he stopped growing, but because he started running everywhere and all the time, and sometimes forgot to eat. He grew taller and has thinned out. Most of his clothes these days are 3T, some even 4T. Big kiddo!

Goodwill is also a great place for kid clothes - except for pajamas. My theory is that kids wear those longer and do wear them out, so there are fewer to go around - either that, or parents are too embarrassed to donate clothes with poopy blowout histories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment