Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Name Is Guy

This guy's name is Guy. Let me explain.

Found buried in our yard. Dinosaur is just here for color. :)

Turbo and I went to get the mail the other day. We walked our usual walk, down the driveway, looked for cars, crossed the street, etc.

On the return trip we want a little crazy. OK, not really crazy, but I'm trying to be dramatic here. Instead of returning via the driveway, we took a small detour through our front garden area.

Oh, the magic of wandering off the beaten path.

The above action figure was sticking out of the dirt in our recently weeded flower bed and I had to look twice before I could believe that an actual tiny face was staring up at me.

"Turbo! Come look!"

He hurriedly came to my side and gasped dramatically, "What's that?"

"It's a little man," I said.

"Oooh. Can I play with him?"

So we bring him inside to clean him off a little, all the while I'm trying to balance being a safe mom and a fun mom (how swallow-able is this dude or his little parts? it's been in the ground for how long? This could be a really fun discovery... etc.). As the little action figure is soaking in some sudsy water, Turbo decides to let Daddy in on our cool discovery.

Turbo, "Dad. Look!"

Dad: "Cool. Who is that, Turbo?"

Turbo: "It's a guy."

Dad: "What's his name?"

Turbo pauses thoughtfully. Then, "Name is Guy."

No comments:

Post a Comment