Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Home Hair vs. Work Hair

This morning I scared myself. I almost left the house with 'home hair' and forgot to put on my 'work hair.'  It's like the hair equivalent of leaving the house with your slippers on.

Since becoming a mom, I've gone to work with various stains on my clothes, spit-up being the most common, nose boogies too -- sorry for the gross-out factor, but it's true.

I've found myself trying hard to be taken seriously in very important meetings at work, only to look down and see a slap-dash smattering of various gooey crud from my little angels. Thank goodness I wear a lot of print shirts these days! Plain white T's are out for me.

I can get through a day with small spots on my clothes. What I can't do is leave the house with my hair in a big ol' knotty mess piled atop my head. That little gem I save for my family.

My poor husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment