Friday, June 24, 2011

And Now I Know

Alternative title: Holy crap; it only took 10 minutes?!

So, my husband and I finally had to do something we never imagined we'd want or have to do. We hired a company to mow our lawn once a week.

I don't know about you, but I grew up in the country and from what I know, you don't hire people to do things you can do yourself. Wait, I think there's an appropriate Dwight K. Schrute quote here: "I can and do cut my own hair."

Anyway, we have two young kids, both in diapers, both with little desire to nap on the weekends, but we were managing. And then our lawnmower broke. And we caved.

But here's a little secret... I friggin love having someone come and mow my lawn. The yard looks great and it has given us more time as a family on weekends and has completely diminished our stress about which neighbors might be giving us the stink eye if we let another weekend go by with no lawn mowing.

I am home today, having skipped work to stay with my daughter who has a cold+fever, and so I happened to be witness to the miracle of hired help. Three of them, two mowers, one for each part of our lawn, and one dude doing the edging work.

And it only took 10 minutes.

And it is worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment