Monday, July 25, 2011

This Is Why I Have Kids

This morning I took both kids to daycare. It's not always easy since we're potty training Turbo, and we have 2 different daycares, and Smiley has to get dropped off first. I have to balance driving safely with getting there fast enough so Turbo doesn't pee his pants. Or worse. Tick-Tock.

This morning when I was about 10 minutes away from Smiley's daycare, Turbo calls out from the back seat, "Mom! I'm holding Smiley's hand."

I smile. Sure you are. "That's great, honey,"I say.

When I pull into the parking lot, I turn around and this is what I see:


My breath caught and I nearly cried from the dear and darling sweetness of it all.

They stayed like this for the photo op and I actually had to pry their hands apart to get Smiley out of her car seat.

It's moments like this that make me so grateful to have been given the gift of these children.

No comments:

Post a Comment