Monday, July 11, 2011

That Baby is Not For Sale

Yesterday afternoon I took Smiley to the Goodwill. That is, to say, she was in the car with me as I drove a bunch of unneeded stuff to the Goodwill.

But I didn't take her to the Goodwill. Or so I thought.

We were in the drive-through line marked DONATIONS, when I noticed some peculiar behavior from my fellow Goodwillers (Goodwillians?). At first I thought they were walking by my car to get to their own car, which makes a lot of sense, since the line for donations is located within the parking lot.

After the 3rd or 4th person filing by us, I started to doubt whether all of these people could be headed for that same dusty red pick-up.

Then it dawned on me. They were looking inside my car to see if I had anything good to donate.

Hey, you! My daughter is not for sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment