Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bossypants

Turbo is sometimes known around here as "The Director." He directs much of our activity with favorite phrases like, "No. You stay there," and "Daddy, you want to eat Wheaties," (even if my husband is in the middle of scrambling eggs).

His new trick is related to potty training. Our bathroom is on the upper level of our house, requiring a stair climb to go to the potty. His new little routine goes a little something like this:

Turbo: "Mom, you stay at the bottom and ask me, 'Turbo, can I come up?'"

I oblige, but am also certain to correct his grammar (it's never too early, right?), "May I come up too, Turbo?"

Turbo: dramatic pause whilst he considers the request, and finally, "Yes, you can come up, mom."


Tonight I was reading books to Turbo in our bed - some extra cuddling before he heads off to his own bed (favorite thing!). We read an old GoldenBook copy of Dumbo, and Three Bears & Goldilocks, and sang some songs. I love this time with him. Blissful sigh.

When my husband came to fetch him to take him to his own room, Turbo turns to me and says, "Mom, you stay here and read your books."

Done and done (except for this little blog post - shh, don't tell Turbo).

No comments:

Post a Comment