Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Girl Clothes

I'm an avid movie quoter. If you are not such an avid movie quoter, or much of a movie watcher, and you've ever had a conversation with me, it's possible some of the brilliant prose I've thrown your way was not my own. I can't really apologize for that, cuz I think it's kind of funny.

There is one line from the movie Always that has stuck with me over the years. Holly Hunter plays this lady firefighter who hangs out with a bunch of guys and so tends to also dress like one of the guys. There is a birthday scene where her boyfriend, Richard Dreyfuss, gives her a sparkly, white dress. She gasps and exclaims, "Girl clothes!"

I use this quote whenever I dress up for some special occasion like a wedding or a date with my husband. Date with my husband? What's that? Sheesh... I guess it's been a while.

But back to my point, and it is this. I love girl clothes. These days I'm especially fond of the ones that come in size 12 months.

I've been trying to devise clever ways to post pics of my adorable children without showing their faces. I think this does the trick.

Look at those chubby little legs. Dang, Smiley, you wear the layered look well.

No comments:

Post a Comment