Saturday, July 2, 2011

Potty Training - Day 1

Score: Turbo 1, Underpants 0

This is the weekend I've chosen to get serious about potty training Turbo. He's 2 yrs, 8 months old and has been wearing Pull-Ups for... um... I can't remember how long. Six months? Maybe that's a sign it's been too long. :)

He stays dry a lot more often then he's wet, and they are awesome at his daycare at taking the kids to the toilet every hour. We've been less diligent at home until recently, when we decided to match the daycare schedule and we also found about the same success rate. Mostly dry, but wet after naps and overnights.

Plus, the kid loves to sit on the potty. I'm talking 5 book lengths' worth. Which reminds me, we really need to swap out the library selection for potty time, lest mommy gets bored.

So, here were are, the 4th of July 3-day weekend. It's time.

Day 1 - Turbo was very excited this morning to see a friendly selection of Sesame Street "big boy underpants." He excitedly grabbed an ELMO pair and we were off and running. Until just after breakfast when mom and dad sniffed the air and went, "uh oh."

Turbo 1, Underpants 0.

But, I have all the patience in the world and Turbo seems very interested, so I hope for the best.

I'll keep you posted. I know you're waiting with bated breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment