Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Staycation - Day Two Results

Tuesday turned out to be one of those emotional roller coaster days. Monday was full of clarity and focus, as I tackled just one major task and some quick easy wins, but with Tuesday I was facing a where do I start kind of feeling. I thought I knew what I wanted to accomplish this week, but for some reason I questioned my original plan and maybe that's where I derailed.

I do have to add that the sleep was totally crappy in this house on Monday night, so Tuesday morning began cloudy and grumpy for mom and dad. I know that being tired played a role in how my day unfolded. I was a bit lost at first, but then I found my way. Hooray!

And, when I regrouped, I realized my ultimate priority for this week was not to rid us of all clutter, not to organize and finalize every little decision, but rather to set ourselves up for ongoing, smaller improvements. I now have a vision of how we can get our house to where it needs to be. Having a manageable plan is making all the difference.

Accomplishments:
  • Folded all the laundry in the house (this was no easy feat)
  • Changed the lines on our bed - is there anything better than clean sheets?!
  • Created 3 bags worth of stuff to take to the GoodWill - more to come, I'm sure.
  • Set up toys to be rotated - finally, not all toys are cluttering up our living room at the same time.

Major Progress:

  • New linen closet (sort of). I had a brilliant brainstorm yesterday whilst folding laundry. I was getting frustrated with how long our towels and sheets had been sitting in our family room. The leak in our shower (and the new hole in our linen closet) created this homelessness for towels and sheets. Seemingly unrelated, I have also been recognizing that our office closet is so very under utilized. Tons of random clutter and empty space... it's screaming for a makeover. Post-makeover, the office closet is now our linen closet. It's a start in the right direction and I'm hoping that very, very, very soon we make it a priority to get shelving into this closet - it has the potential to store a ton of stuff!

Before

After
OK. Laughing here... in looking at these pictures, the 'after' shot is not all that thrilling, yet it makes me so very happy. I alone know how much work and happiness went into this potential gold mine of a clutter buster.


Down Time:

  • I didn't take much 'me time' today, but that's all right. I did manage to squeeze in some movie/tv watching while I was completing other tasks. I'm happy to say I'm all caught up on Top Chef (go, Nyesha), ready for tonight's new episode. And I watched the first episode of Project Runway - All Stars (go, Mondo). I know. Try not to be jealous.


Pedometer: 6,388. Not the greatest, but then I didn't leave the house all day, so maybe it's pretty good, considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment