Monday, January 23, 2012

Smiley's New Word

We recently got snowed in. I mean, way in. We were stuck in the house from Tuesday evening through Saturday morning. I ventured out into the snow twice with Turbo - lots of fun! But mostly we were stuck here with no fancy 4-wheel-drive to haul our butts out of here.

I'm not saying I picked a fight or two with my husband, but I'm not saying I didn't either.

In those cabin-fevered 3.5 days, Smiley started using some new words. She said "turtle" while pointing at our turtle night light. She said "outside" when I asked her if she wanted to go outside... and then she learned the one word that will serve her well in her life with an older brother.

She said "mine."

And she said it with gusto, usually while taking a toy from her brother's hands and running in the other direction, shrieking with delight at her new skill.

I'm rooting for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment