Monday, January 9, 2012

Staycation - The Beginning

I have a really good job at a really great company. In this economy, I know I'm blessed. However, with my job comes the responsibility of working during what most people experience as a Christmas break. It's our busy season, so we work.

Now that our peak time is over, I am taking a week off. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

I wanted to call it a staycation (stacation?), but in looking up the definition, it appears as if I should be sitting in or by a pool, drinking and reading all day long. That's not my plan.

I plan on tearing this house apart, and putting it back together. And I'm going to call it a staycation because it's my time away from it all (the job, my wonderful husband and kids), and it's just for me. I am thrilled to put away the clutter that is piled up next to this keyboard, and the stack of I-don't-know-what's sitting on all our bookshelves.

This unhappy clutter is distracting. This house needs some organization and I'm the type of person who loves organizing, so I'm gettin' 'er done.

First order of business? I sat in bed and read for 30 minutes. I also plan to have a beer with lunch in a pub at least once this week, and to catch a movie while the rest of the world sits behind a desk.

It's all about balance.

Now, onto that pile o' clutter sitting next to me!

1 comment:

  1. Organizing can be more fulfilling that vacations! Get it, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete