Sunday, November 6, 2011

Where's a Camera When You Need One?

I hope I can adequately describe the scene at dinner tonight. This is one of those fleeting moments that would be better conveyed in video rather than in the written word, but I shall do my best.

I made homemade pizza for dinner. Turbo used to love pepperoni and olives, but now he makes it very clear, in case I've forgotten from the last time we had pizza, "Mom, I don't like olives. Just pepperoni."

"Yes, Turbo, I know, but thanks for reminding me."

And tonight was even more fun because he helped make it. I carefully used the back of a spoon to spread out the pizza sauce and Turbo kept slapping his spoon on the sauce, sending it splattering in all directions and laughing, "This is more fun."

In splattering the sauce he got some on his hands, which he made me immediately wipe off, several times, thankyouverymuch, and I mention that because it makes the next part of this story even more funny. At least to me. And my husband. It's fun to laugh at dinner, especially if you and your spouse are enjoying a private moment that the kids don't really get.

Here's what happened.

Toward the end of the meal, Turbo realized he had a little sauce on his arm. The location of the sauce is a crucial part of this tale, so I hope I get it right... it was a pencil-eraser-sized spot on the sort-of-inside of his arm, between his elbow and shoulder. And it was juuuuust out of reach.

Turbo exclaimed, "Mom, there's sauce on my arm!" and as I leaned in to wipe it off, he started trying to lick it off. So I backed off to watch the show unfold.

As mentioned, the sauce was just out of reach and so began a series of arm twists that had my husband and I rolling with laughter. Didn't he know it was his own arm he was twisting to get at this spec of pizza sauce?

He kept going in! Twist left, nope. Twist right, nope. We were in tears from laughter and he didn't even notice us as he was so intent on this near futile exercise.

He eventually got the sauce.

I hope he didn't sprain his tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment