Monday, November 7, 2011

Moonshadow

Turbo is not really comfortable with all this early darkness that comes at the end of a day at school. I think he was a little confused with where the sun had gone, but thank goodness the moon was bright and shiny in the sky as we exited his preschool.

Gasp. Then, "Mom. Look. The moon is right there."

And then he dawdled for his obligatory 2 minutes before he got settled into his car seat.

As we drove home, the moon followed us.

"Mom!"

"Yes?"

"The moon is following us home?"

"Yes."

Ah, the magic of it all. I love, love, love bearing witness to first discoveries.

Later tonight, as we were reliving the magic of that moment, I told him I know a song for just this occasion. I broke into song with, "Yes, I'm being followed by a moonshadow. Moonshadow, moonshadow..."

But before I could really show off my vocal pipes, he piped in with, "No. Don't sing."

Sigh. My own kid won't let me sing. What a turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment