Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lime Leader

Have I mentioned before that Turbo loves to direct? I hope he will grow up to use his skills for good rather than for bossiness... he's kind of a bossypants these days. :)

Turbo learned a new term at school, one that suits him beautifully: Line Leader. Or, as he calls it, "Lime Leader."

Since I don't get to spend my days at preschool I am guessing here on what it means, but I'm pretty sure it means you get to be the one in charge of telling people what to do. Or, maybe, it's just the first person in a long line of kids doing exactly what the teacher tells them to do... only don't tell Turbo.

Here is how it plays out at home.

"Mom, I'm the lime leader."

I dutifully stand behind him.

Turbo then leads me around the house, or through the Museum of Flight, or wherever the director mood strikes. It's kind of fun, having a name for what he's naturally good at.

The other morning Turbo, having taken forever to go potty in the morning (mom = late for work), finally departs the bathroom and declares himself the Lime Leader. I stand behind him, hoping we're on our way down to the breakfast table, when he says to me:

"Now, kiss my back."

Me: "Um, what?"

Turbo, pointing to his bottom, "Kiss my body."

Me: "Why?"

Turbo: "Cuz that's what you do."

Reminds me, I should probably call the school to find out what that's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment