Monday, October 24, 2011

A Girly-Girl is Born

Smiley has been into my shoes lately. And my hair.

My curly hair, wet or dry, has caught her attention and she now reaches for it and tangles her chubby fingers in my hair whenever I am holding her. I think it might be because she is noticing that her own brown, curly hair is starting to sprout from her previously bald and perfect head.

When she tugs on my hair, I imagine her thoughts to be, "Oh, wow! You are beautiful mommy," or "I wish I had your luxurious locks... who's your stylist?"  But, I suspect, it's probably more like, "Hee hee, when I pull hard she makes a funny face."

And then there are the shoes.

The other day I donned a favorite pair of mary janes (with heels, of course, I'm not an infant) and as I was buckling them up to head out for work, her eyes lit up and she toddled over to me and stared at my feet. She picked up the one that hadn't made it onto my foot yet, and expressed a little frustration when I retrieved it from her mouth.

I finally got my two shoes on, and asked her, "Well, what do you think?"

Then she stomped on my mary janes with her Stride Rites.

1 comment:

  1. *looks down at her mary janes *without* heels and says "hmmmmm"*

    ReplyDelete