Tuesday, September 6, 2011

You Can Only Like Your Job So Much

This one is dedicated to all the mamas who have to spend time away from their babies to go to work.

There are some advantages to work, of course - we own our home and couldn't afford it otherwise and we really, really love our home. Our kids are able to go to some pretty decent daycares/preschools and we've met some great teachers that have helped us teach our kids and the schools gives them access to lots of other fun kids and a huge variety of toys we could never afford. And, to be honest, there are days when I'm grateful for the break from the kids. They are cute and all, but can also be a handful and too much of a good thing can wear on ya at times.

But I also ache to be with my babies. Sometimes being away from my baby girl nearly busts my heart wide open. She is growing up so fast, nearly walking and beginning to form words like "ball" and "da-da."

The best part of my day is walking into her preschool to see her face light up as she squeals with delight at the sight of me and slaps her happy little palms as fast as she can to greet me with a tug on my legs and an expectant please-hug-me-now expression. And her smile. Her 5-toothed, dimpled, wonderful, infectious smile.

I like my job.

I love my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment