Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Little Mynah Birds

Kids are wonderful mimics. I'm not always aware of some of my own catch phrases until I hear them repeated back to me.

Unbeknownst to me, I say, "Let's check it out" a lot. It's pretty cute coming from Turbo, like last week when I said, "Do you want to go play in the backyard?" And Turbo replied, "Yeah! Let's go check it out."

Last night was a new one for me. I was running late on making dinner, so was considering going for a plan B, even though I didn't have an actual plan B. I said out loud that I was going to make dinner, and Turbo declared that he was going to help me (didn't ask, of course, just informed me instead).

I opened the fridge door and as I was about to speak these exact same words, Turbo beat me to it and said, "Hmm. What have we got in here?"

Little mimics!

No comments:

Post a Comment