Saturday, March 3, 2012

Recipe: Banana Bread

This banana bread recipe has been in my possession since college. It was written by one of my two roommates and we used to bake this quite frequently in that ill-insulated little house of ours. I'm not entirely sure how I lucked out on getting sole ownership. Gee, I hope I didn't steal it...

Recipe - Banana Bread
It's so simple and delicious, yet I am curious if there are better or at least healthier recipes out there. Note to self: ask friends on Pinterest and Facebook.

Banana Bread Recipe:

1) combine:
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar

2) add 2 eggs

3) add 2 large or 3 small bananas - and you know I mean the mushy kind, not the green ones. A banana has to be about a week past where I'll eat it for me to transform it into bread.

4) mix and then add:
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda

Bake at 350 for 1 hour

optional: add semi-sweet chocolate chips:
chocolate chips added

1 comment:

  1. Use applesauce instead of butter. Totally works and makes it moist. I love your old recipe card. I have a couple that I stole from my mom! And I fully admit to the theft.

    ReplyDelete