Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fake Kid Names

I look forward to sharing funny stories of my kids with you. Let's face it, when you have two in diapers, you're bound to have a laugh or two. To play it safe, I've decided against using their real names, but that made me think... what would be good fake names? Count I invent something new? Ooh, goodie, and opportunity to be creative!

I played around with 'real' names like Max and Sarah or Josh and Betty, but that almost felt like a deception, like I wouldn't be admitting they were fake names. The point of this blog is to share some honest thoughts, stories and opinions and it didn't feel right to enter that world under false pretenses.

In the end, I think doing something a little outrageous is way, way more fun. So here they are:

My son, who is currently 2 1/2 years old, shall be called Turbo (because he loves to run and because he is full of enough energy to power a small town).

My daughter, who is currently 8 months old, shall be named Smiley (because she's a smiley, content little gem of a girl).

And so I begin to share the Adventures of Turbo and Smiley.

No comments:

Post a Comment