Friday, June 15, 2012

New Bug Species

Editor's Note: This story was originally titled, "New Bird Breed," as mommy incorrectly thought this was a Poof 'Bird.' Mommy has since been corrected and now knows this is a Poof Bug.


This is a Poof Bug. I bet you didn't know that. Me either, but our kids go to a really good school and they are teaching us so much about the world.

Poof Bug - and Smiley artwork on our napkin holder

Turbo made this Poof Bug at school today and was so proud to bring it home. He was holding the poof bug as I buckled him into his car seat and then he waved it in front of Smiley's face. Sometimes an older brother needs to show off his art skills so as to inspire a younger generation.

"Bwoo!" declared a smiling Smiley (she knows three of her colors now and blue/bwoo is her favorite to exclaim upon a sighting).

Turbo changed the subject back to him, "Can I watch a movie when we get home?"

I delayed the answer until I was buckled in and exiting the parking lot. He asked again, of course.

Me: "I don't know; you'll have to ask Daddy when we get home. Daddy is in charge."

Turbo: "OK."

Then, after a brief pause, "Daddy is poof bug in charge. I am in really charge. So we can watch a movie when we get home."

I did not respond because he had no idea how right he was. Daddy and Mommy are so not in charge of our lives. The kids rule our universe. Mommy and Daddy are just poof bugs along for the ride of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment