Friday, June 22, 2012

Go The F**k To Sleep

I actually read this book to Turbo tonight. I modified the words (of course!) and spoke in a zen-mellow-jello voice to lull him to sleep.

I bought it for our Kindle about a year ago when the hubbub first appeared on the Internet(s) and the only reason it was discovered tonight was because Turbo had zero interest in reading his real books and I was desperate for something low-key to wind him down.

He wanted my phone and, instead of flipping my photo gallery for the nine hundredth time, I remembered I had a full-color "kids" book on my Kindle app. Ah, yeah, here we go. I'm convinced he'll see the humor in me reading this to him when he has his own kids.

After I finished reading it, he said to me, "Thank you, mom, for reading me that nice book."



He didn't fall asleep to the book, it was more like 38 minutes later. He is so this little kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment