Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Turbo on Shuffle

Tonight was a rare occasion where all four of us had dinner together. The reason this rarely occurs in our house is because our darling Smiley goes to bed super early. Jealous.

But tonight we tried something different and so I ate my meal with a high-chaired Smiley on my left and a sitting-on-his-knees Turbo to my right.

Nothing noteworthy until Smiley started getting a little overtired. She began to giggle every time I turned to look at her. So I did the most natural thing and kept doing it. I made a dramatic, in-your-face turn in her direction and she squealed with delight.

Turbo, not to be excluded, caught on to the fun and started leaning over me to get as close to her as possible. He'd lean over and say a single word and she would laugh.

This 'single word' I mention? It wasn't one particular word repeated with each lean-over, but rather it was a different word with each turn and appeared to be whatever word leapt to Turbo's mind. He'd pause a moment in between words to see what would come to him.

The first word: "Snowman!"
Smiley giggled.

Next word: "Water!"
Smiley giggled again (I wish I'd caught this on camera, but there are some moments that are better left as is, uninterrupted).

Other words that made the cut: Jakey (friend from school), milk, Thomas (the train), Logan (another friend from school).

Then Turbo said, "Shaun the Sheep!"
This time when Smiley laughed, Turbo observed, "She likes Shaun the Sheep."

Huh. I had no idea that one way to gauge someone's interest in a television show was to shout the name of the show in their face as loudly as you can.

Cheers!

Magnum PI!

So... do you like those shows? Are you laughing?

No comments:

Post a Comment